Conductive Labs Support Forum
Previously saved locations turning red. - Printable Version

+- Conductive Labs Support Forum (https://conductivelabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Previously saved locations turning red. (/showthread.php?tid=1821)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - Jesse Johannesen - 10-14-2022

Oh that is interesting. This is great information. Thank you. I'll pass that along to the boss and see if that helps narrow it down.

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - User - 10-16-2022

Yet another time, when I lost my config at all. I'm angry about that. Since I didn't update it for a months, it works good. Last week I have update it and config get red. For that case I always use two configs (the same): User1 and User2. I update both of them the same time, just for backup. None of them works!

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - DJISF - 10-17-2022

I have this issue as well. Thanks for the tip about retrying saving - I was able to get my presets saved using that workaround. However, I'd rather it just worked, of course. Smile

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - TheKillerBeeRelayTeam - 11-10-2022

Had this happen to me yesterday - I had a fairly complex (but thankfully easy to remember and reprogram) setup saved to user 1 AND user 2 just to be safe. I started it up about 2 hours after saving and EVERYTHING was wiped - even the port names I'd entered. The USB cable to the pc runs to a powered hub, and it is possible (unconfirmed) that hub lost power during boot up - but it was also not connected to the PC at the time.

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - betaunits - 11-14-2022

Same thing just happened to me. I am getting so tired of the problems with MRCC. I tried hooking up my Launchcontrol XL as an input to send MIDI to my Circuit and none of the USB connections worked. Now this morning I turn on my rig and my hugely involved preset has turned red. (UPDATE - I recreated my preset and saved it and it is now red AGAIN and loading factory on restart.) I am ready to throw this thing in the trash. What the hell happened? I had my setup apart for 2 months and now MRCC seems just utterly broken.

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - oldgearguy - 11-14-2022

I wonder if some incoming MIDI traffic is being interpreted by the MRCC instead of just passing it through?

(thinking of things like program change)

Hard to say why something that is supposed to be statically saved to an SD card get changed/corrupted.

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - Jesse Johannesen - 11-14-2022

The only way that I've been successful at reproducing this issue has been to send MIDI clock into a USB port when trying to save a patch, which appears to cause the Patch to fail to save correctly and results in a red patch slot. I reproduced that last week. So far I haven't seen any previously saved slots which are being corrupted and turning red in any of my testing. It may be that this is what has happened here, or this may be another issue. Steve is working on the clock->save issue tomorrow through the end of the week and should be able to sort it out, hopefully that will solve the issue.

(11-14-2022, 02:09 PM)betaunits Wrote: Same thing just happened to me. I am getting so tired of the problems with MRCC. I tried hooking up my Launchcontrol XL as an input to send MIDI to my Circuit and none of the USB connections worked. Now this morning I turn on my rig and my hugely involved preset has turned red. (UPDATE - I recreated my preset and saved it and it is now red AGAIN and loading factory on restart.) I am ready to throw this thing in the trash. What the hell happened? I had my setup apart for 2 months and now MRCC seems just utterly broken.
Hey if you are able to recreate this issue reliably maybe we should set up a zoom call and I will see if I can do it too by copying you. If I can get it reproduced we can probably fix it. Maybe we can figure out what it is together. If that sound's like something you want to take a stab at, please reach out to Support@Conductivelabs.com and we can set it up.

As for the LaunchcontrolXL, it's not a class compliant MIDI device and it requires USB drivers provided by Novation to run, so there's no chance it will ever work on the USB host ports of the MRCC.

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - betaunits - 11-14-2022

Ah I wasn't aware the lcxl isn't class compliant. fair enough on that one. I appreciate the support offer, but don't have time this week. maybe next week, I'll email. Thanks. My plan right now is full reset and reinstall latest fw before attempting to rebuild my preset.

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - Jesse Johannesen - 11-14-2022

Just as a precaution, try stopping MIDI clock being sent to USB inputs before saving for the time being for best results.

RE: Previously saved locations turning red. - Stratblue - 11-20-2022

Thanks for that, I'll try it out.