Conductive Labs Support Forum
A new NDLR-er saying hi. - Printable Version

+- Conductive Labs Support Forum (https://conductivelabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The NDLR (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: A new NDLR-er saying hi. (/showthread.php?tid=1379)

A new NDLR-er saying hi. - kpatzsc - 03-03-2021

I just joined the forum and wanted to say hi, both to be friendly and to show I'm not a spammer.   Confused 

I joined so I could see what's happening with NDLR evolution and firmware updates, and in case I ever need support.  I just got mine a week ago, with the latest firmware 1.1.073 already installed.

I've only had limited time to "noodle" on it so far, but it's a lot of fun.  I have ideas for enhancements/bug fixes I'd like to share, but I'll do that in another post later.

One quick question... if you save a pattern, rhythm, or chord sequence to a slot, do you then have to do a global save to make it stick permanently?  I tried the chord sequencer recently and built a sequence, and saved it to chord sequence slot 1, but it was gone next time I powered up the NDLR.  I didn't do a global save that time around.  I wasn't sure if patterns, rhythms and chord sequences are supposed to save to flash storage immediately or only when you save to a global slot.

Thanks... and happy noodling!

RE: A new NDLR-er saying hi. - House de Kris - 03-03-2021

Welcome to the world of NDLRing, you'll probably have tons of fun with this thing.

To answer your question on saves, no, you don't have to do a Global save to save your work. Global is to save configurations of how the NDLR is setup. Like channels used and clock sources, stuff like that. Patterns, Rhythms, and Chord Sequences are stored in their respective settings screens. A hint on saving, push and hold the shift button, then press the encoder button to make it happen. If successful, a pop-up will appear for a couple seconds indicating it was saved and the location (number).

Good luck, and ask if you need help or get stuck.

HdK

RE: A new NDLR-er saying hi. - Darryl - 03-04-2021

Good answer House de Kris. Just to clarify something, when you do a global save it does save pretty much everything, including what pattern, rhythm, and chord sequences are set to, even if parts are playing or not. So you can make a performance, sequenced by global saves, and change the global save "on the fly" to switch all of the parameters at once as required for the performance.

RE: A new NDLR-er saying hi. - Gonzinigonz - 03-08-2021

I've been wondering this one myself, had the NDLR for just under a week so still in the learning phase.
I have found that after a power cycle i can't get the patterns / sequences to playback in the same way as always sound different.
Do you think that's because of any modulators being out of step from the last session? I guess the LFO's are free running and don't reset unless fixed to bars / beats?
Also probably pilot error but while looking into this and trying to get the it play close to what i had originally i couldn't stop some of the modulators from affecting the parts even though i had disabled them with shift + track or shift + All
Things like the chord change target still changed?
I've learnt to now record all midi events in a sequencer as its happening, i love it for that though as its very in the moment when the magic happens Smile

RE: A new NDLR-er saying hi. - kpatzsc - 03-08-2021

Though I haven't messed with the LFOs/mod matrix yet, one thing I thought was a bug until I read the manual was the tracks being out of sync after stopping/starting them individually. Turns out, the individual buttons for each track are really pause/start buttons, so if you "stop" a track using those buttons it only pauses it, and then it continues out of sync if you start it again, unless you stop everything using the All button.

I'm not sure why this feature exists, but I guess it does for a reason (I'd prefer all the parts stay in sync, allowing the individual buttons to mute/unmute each track as it plays), but I can at least work around it now.

The one time (so far) that I tried the chord sequencer it seemed to be glitchy. Sometimes the pad part notes would be stuck on after hitting stop, requring me to use the panic button to turn them off, and if I put key changes into the sequence (as opposed to degree changes), the drone and pad would drop out about 1 beat before the key change, then resume, instead of being a smooth transition.

RE: A new NDLR-er saying hi. - Dirk Offringa - 03-11-2021

I really would prefer keeping the tracks in sync too, instead of the "pause-continue" behaviour too.