Conductive Labs Support Forum
Extended Chords - Printable Version

+- Conductive Labs Support Forum (https://conductivelabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The NDLR (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Extended Chords (/showthread.php?tid=1056)

Pages: 1 2

Extended Chords - inkjet - 08-06-2020

Just received my NDLR, so apologies if I'm overlooking anything with this request. 

I would love to be able to use extended chords. 9ths, 11ths, sus4+7th, etc. are all really useful to me. 

On that note, a way to customize what chord types are used in the "alt" modes (and letting these options extend beyond just 7ths) would go a long way toward what I'm looking for.

In any case, I'm literally 45 min into exploring this thing, so I have plenty to keep me occupied for the time being. Thanks for making this device!

RE: Extended Chords - Digilove - 11-15-2020

Yes Yes Yes,
I fully support the idea of inkjet.
The lack of such chords - 9ths, 11ths, sus4+7th is very sensitive for some genres of music.

Dear developer, can you add possibility to customise chords in some way? May be under shift button

Please, please, please

RE: Extended Chords - Jesse Johannesen - 11-15-2020

(11-15-2020, 03:08 PM)Digilove Wrote: Yes Yes Yes,
I fully support the idea of inkjet.
The lack of such chords - 9ths, 11ths, sus4+7th is very sensitive for some genres of music.

Dear developer, can you add possibility to customise chords in some way? May be under shift button

Please, please, please

This probably won't be something that comes to this hardware due to certain limitations, however you can play any notes that you want on top of the notes being played by the NDLR and it will pass them along (according to the port routing chart in the manual). This way if you are playing a maj7th chord you could play the 9th by hand on a midi keyboard set to the same channel as the pad for instance and it would pass that note through to the Pad synth. Not a perfect solution obviously, but it might be worth exploring. 
Jesse

RE: Extended Chords - Stratblue - 11-18-2020

How about allowing the input of external chords played on a keyboard which would be then transposed to the scale degree currently selected? I like to stack up octaves and semitone/whole tone clashes not just R 3 5 7 9 11 13 in the classic order. Something like C2 C3 Bflat 3 C4 D4 E flat 4, it would be nice if in say the Aeolian this structure could be maintained as it moves to the 7th and 6th degrees but being altered to fit the appropriate modal structure built on these degrees.

RE: Extended Chords - Cinebulle - 01-20-2021

Why not simply ad the possibility to affect ALT1 or ALT2 for extended chords ?

RE: Extended Chords - 0xF0 - 01-21-2021

I'll add a +1 to this : ALT1 and ALT2 chords should be user-customizable.

RE: Extended Chords - Stratblue - 01-22-2021

(01-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Cinebulle Wrote: Why not simply ad the possibility to affect ALT1 or ALT2 for extended chords ?

We're locked down, we NEED this!

RE: Extended Chords - Jesse Johannesen - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 01:16 AM)Stratblue Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Cinebulle Wrote: Why not simply ad the possibility to affect ALT1 or ALT2 for extended chords ?

I replied to a similar request in another thread a minute ago, but I'm going to copy and paste it here as well:

Quote:I have run this past Steve before and the issue is in that the NDLR selects notes from the pool in cascading series of logical choices rather than number of semitones, so it becomes extremely difficult to approach customizing chord selections for such a feature. It's been a while since I asked so it may be that I'm wrong about the specifics, but it is definitely on the list of requested features and I will ask him again next time we have a discussion on the subject, as it would be a really great feature to implement.

Jesse

RE: Extended Chords - Stratblue - 01-23-2021

(01-22-2021, 10:24 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 01:16 AM)Stratblue Wrote:

I replied to a similar request in another thread a minute ago, but I'm going to copy and paste it here as well:

Quote:I have run this past Steve before and the issue is in that the NDLR selects notes from the pool in cascading series of logical choices rather than number of semitones, so it becomes extremely difficult to approach customizing chord selections for such a feature. It's been a while since I asked so it may be that I'm wrong about the specifics, but it is definitely on the list of requested features and I will ask him again next time we have a discussion on the subject, as it would be a really great feature to implement.

Jesse

I have been a long time user of the arpeggiator in the Novation Supernova rack, which is the best I have ever used, a million miles from the tedious up, down & random ones. It just creates riffs ready to be tweaked. If this was implemented it would turn the NDLR into simply a monstrously brilliant machine with better arpeggiation and a MUCH simpler to use interface.

RE: Extended Chords - wolf - 01-26-2021

(01-22-2021, 10:24 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I have run this past Steve before and the issue is in that the NDLR selects notes from the pool in cascading series of logical choices rather than number of semitones, so it becomes extremely difficult to approach customizing chord selections for such a feature. It's been a while since I asked so it may be that I'm wrong about the specifics, but it is definitely on the list of requested features and I will ask him again next time we have a discussion on the subject, as it would be a really great feature to implement.

Jesse

If the NDLR selects notes from a "pool" as you say, wouldn't it be possible to change the source (aka "the pool") on demand? Say, the source might be either "NDLR default", or MIDI notes from channel XY. You might even add constraining parameters for the number of MIDI notes making up the pool: all notes received within a certain time-frame, or a fixed number of notes after which any new note replaces the first one (similar to polyphony).

Given these features, it would be possible to allow another sequencer/arpeggiator "run" the NDLR by controlling the pool of notes.