Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Sending Sysex through NDLR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to connect my mac with the NDLR and my DX7.

My setup looks as follows:
Mac (running Patch Base) -> NDLR via USB -> DX7 midi in via NDLR MIDI out. 
So basically, the NDLR cannot send the Sysex info to the DX7.
Does anyone of you have a suggestion on how I can use Patch Bay and NDLR at the same time?  Huh

Thanks!

Toon
(04-11-2020, 12:45 AM)TV123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Does anyone of you have a suggestion on how I can use Patch Bay and NDLR at the same time?  Huh

Thanks!

Toon
Well I talked this over with Steve and he mentioned that unfortunately this isn't something that is likely to be implemented on the NDLR as most manufacturers recommend direct connection when sending SYSEX rather than through various routers etc. I can see the potential for issues to come up if say the NDLR had to pause sending to take care of another process, which might cause the SYSEX dump to be unreliable. I do apologize for the inconvenience. 

I'll keep my eyes peeled for something that might work for this as an outside the box solution and let you know if I find something.
Jesse
(04-11-2020, 12:45 AM)TV123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Toon

I know it's quite late, but I recently ran into the same issues with my setup, trying to control synths using Patch Base on an iPad.
My set-up: iPad (with Patch Base) -> SL MKIII -> Keystep -> NDLR -> Pyramid -> Synths .
I figured out (by removing it from the chain) the NDLR was the culprit. I solved it by merging the iPad MIDI signal with NDLR using a MIDI Merger and fed its output to the Pyramid.
Works flawlessly.