Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: MRCC not reporting name correctly to computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firmware 1.1.075

I have had MRCC for a while, settings had name setup to MRCC and had some issues in the past where ports were switching around and couldn't be assigned by Bome Network software due to name changing. That seems to be fixed. However, I have since added a second MRCC, named it MRCC-B and changed the name of the first MRCC to MRCC-A and then deleted the midi device in Mac audio/midi settings, rebooted and sometimes the first MRCC sends its name as MRCC and sometimes as MRCC-A. Settings always say MRCC-A. So the fix is to go to Audio/midi settings, delete the MRCC from devices, and reboot, sometimes it takes the correct name MRCC-A, sometimes not.
That also happens to me sometimes. I think it's when I turn on the computer first then one rack with an MRCC then the other. If I turn on both MRCCs before the computer, it seems to be more reliable in the naming assignments (I also use -A and -B)
(10-11-2023, 12:52 PM)oldgearguy Wrote: [ -> ]That also happens to me sometimes.  I think it's when I turn on the computer first then one rack with an MRCC then the other.  If I turn on both MRCCs before the computer, it seems to be more reliable in the naming assignments (I also use -A and -B)

Thanks I will try that
Ok, after lots of on/off sessions, the MRCC will report both MRCC and MRCC-A as a second MRCC-A so there are cases where it reports the same name but still won't connect to the old session on Audio/Midi Settings in macOS, this is the only device I have issues with.
Both MRCC's are exhibiting the issue. Its not isolated to one or the other.