Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: PC manager and downwind devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all;

I've been through the forum, and I've found other tidbits, but not this one.

My issue is that I'm trying to get machines downwind from the MRCC to show up in device lists on the PC side.

This happens with all of my devices, but for example, if I plug my MIDI Blaster straight to my PC (hub or otherwise) then I can use a PC based manager with it, and Reaper (DAW) is happy, etc. But, if I plug it into the MRCC (DIN, TRS or USB) I can't see it. 

This has to be something basic, but I can't discern which is what to make this go. Help Please?

ref: 
https://thisisnoiseinc.com/pages/midi-blaster

[attachment=323]
All the ports on the MRCC into which you connect devices are only passing MIDI data, so while the USB host ports have the appearance of a USB hub, that is not their function.  Some of my devices I connect to the PC via a USB hub, and to the MRCC using DIN, so as to cover all needs.  Just watch for potentially sending double MIDI data in such a scheme, which causes confusion in the clock signal.
I can't say that I feel this is true. It may be I guess, and if so, it'll cause a sell-off.

As a developer, I can't imagine where I would look at data in a buffer, say "oh, that's a USB IDENT, it's not MIDI, so I'll just toss it on the floor". Under a filter option, sure, but to do so blindly would kill tons of potential functionality from above.

If this were true, then I could never record the data from my Blaster, NMSVE, master keyboard, etc.

If this were true, then it would say that I now have to run a USB line, from my PC, to a hub on the desk that my Remote 7 is supporting, 50' away, and hook up everything there to USB as well? And, hang another 8 machines off of a USB hub that I'll add _right next_ to the port that's supporting the MRCC.

Is that what I'm looking at? Really? If what you're saying is true, then why have the MRCC at all? Just "do it all" through USB and give me a hard selector switch. Or write a nice app for an ESP32 based project.

Nothing personal, but I'm hoping you're wrong.
No that is the situation. The MRCC isn't a USB hub it's a MIDI router that incidentally added some USB Host and Device connections for convenience. Unfortunately anything that requires a USB connection to update will need to be a direct connection to the computer. It may still be possible to route the outgoing MIDI through the MRCC to downstream devices, depending on your setup...