Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Replacement scree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all! So I'm one of the people who leaves their equipment switched on all the time, and now I regret this. I don't look at my MRCC often but I was dismayed to notice the OLED is all burned in and I can barely read some of the menus. 

I've now gotten the firmware that has a screen timeout, but that doesn't fix the burn in that's already there. 

So, question is, has anyone replaced their screen? Is it doable for a hobbyist? I haven't opened the case up yet, figured I'd ask before going to the trouble only to find out it's surface mounted with thousands of soldiers.
Swapping the OLED screen out is not safe for end users, it's a glass panel with sharp edges. We have a couple of units that have been on constantly for about 2 years. We are using these to look into mitigations for the burn-in and will get back to you in a week or so.
(03-17-2023, 11:04 AM)Darryl Wrote: [ -> ]Swapping the OLED screen out is not safe for end users, it's a glass panel with sharp edges. We have a couple of units that have been on constantly for about 2 years. We are using these to look into mitigations for the burn-in and will get back to you in a week or so.

Hey where did you end up with this? I haven't looked at my MRCC screen in over year (its that reliable and awesome!) and I've had this bad baby for a number of years, but I just leave it chugging and tucked away all the time. I actually just got some nice wood side panels for it so I can have it out where I can see it and adjust settings but Womp Womp, burn-in. 

How about a journeyman level electronics build and repair guy? I'm tempted to just pull the guts out and get to it but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks and I can't imagine life without my midi friend. I really, really, really, really, really etc... love it.

hiphi