Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: MRCC (or NDLR) BUG notes dropping (watch video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NDLR - MRCC Bug - YouTube 

Debugging above stole most of my weekend, it's a serious bug that needs fixing. 
Got a NDLR via USB1 out to MRCC 1
Got a Prophet-10 Rev4 (but same symptoms with any synth) on USB3 on MRCC 2
Used the conductor knob to route USB-1 1 on MRCC-1 to USB-3 on MRCC 2
Got USB 1 (AS-1) and USB 2 (PEAK) also armed on MRCC 2

You see me going through the config of both units in the video > Watch carefully, there are no midi loops or other stuff engaged.
Hear me play the pad, the pad plays a consistent triad chord.
Hear me engage LOCAL output 10 (blue led on MRCC 1) one of the 3 notes of the triad starts randomly dropping off.
Hear me engage REMOTE output 10 (yellow led on MRCC 1) 2 notes drop off and PAD plays monofonic. 
As you can see this is repeatable behavior. There is NOTHING connected to MRCC 1 or 2 Midi Out 10.
If impatient, watch from 2.25 you'll hear immediately the notes drop when engaging midi out 10 remote (yellow) and coming back when disengaging. 
MIDI OUT (Start/Stop) is OFF on the NDLR.

It seems to be a bandwidth thing. If I map the Prophet-10 from NDLR USB-1 out to USB-4 out it works fine.
Is the bandwidth dynamically distributed between the 4 USB outs? Or does each USB out only have 25% of the NDLR USB bandwidth and is 4 parts over 1 virtual USB ports too much?
Oh good find, I'll see if I can reproduce the bug and if so I'll see if we can get it sorted out. I'll have time to test it Wednesday.

Can I get you to email me at support@conductivelabs.com so I can set up a chat with you if needed while trying to reproduce it?
I have tried to recreate the issue and I can't get my setup to fail. I have tried the following:
MRCC FW 1.1.052
NDLR FW 1.1.079

*NDLR USB1 channels 1-4 --> MRCC1 USB Host Port A
MRCC USB Host Port A --> MRCC2 USB Host Port C channels 1-4
MRCC USB Host Port A --> MRCC2 USB Host Port D channels 1-4
*NDLR USB1 channels 1-4 --> MRCC1 USB Host Port C
MRCC USB Host Port C--> MRCC2 USB Host Port C channels 1-4
MRCC USB Host Port A --> MRCC2 DIN Port 1
MRCC USB Host Port A --> MRCC2 DIN Port 10
I even tried using a USB breakout to DIN on the MRCC2 USB Host port
Tried using several different Strum modes on the PAD, Both Motifs, and Drone.

I can't think of anything else to try, but my advice is to see if you can connect the synth to the DIN port out since that work flawlessly for you.
If you want to dive into this further with me please let me know via email at Support@conductivelabs.com and we can set up a video chat.
-Jesse
ThnX Jesse, via Din works, spreading the parts between usb 1/2/3/4 as well.