Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: PC getting filtered even when no filters are on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running into an odd issue with the Hapax and the MRCC. I am sending Program Changes via the Hapax, and the MRCC registers them (On the routing page I can see that its getting them on the right channel), however it never makes it to the device its sending it to. If I connect the hapax directly to the device the PC's get through just fine, but as soon as I drop the MRCC in the chain, nothing. It really feels like a filtering issue, but I have no filters set, and I am using the factory settings.

Any pointers?
(03-13-2022, 10:30 PM)matthew Wrote: [ -> ]I am running into an odd issue with the Hapax and the MRCC. I am sending Program Changes via the Hapax, and the MRCC registers them (On the routing page I can see that its getting them on the right channel), however it never makes it to the device its sending it to. If I connect the hapax directly to the device the PC's get through just fine, but as soon as I drop the MRCC in the chain, nothing. It really feels like a filtering issue, but I have no filters set, and I am using the factory settings.

Any pointers?

What ports are you using for the MRCC connections?  USB or DIN?
I had a weird situation where I thought Program Change messages weren't getting through but I never took the time to pin down exactly what combination was causing it.
It could also have been something else causing what i was seeing, so I haven't reported it yet.
(03-14-2022, 02:55 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2022, 10:30 PM)matthew Wrote: [ -> ]I am running into an odd issue with the Hapax and the MRCC. I am sending Program Changes via the Hapax, and the MRCC registers them (On the routing page I can see that its getting them on the right channel), however it never makes it to the device its sending it to. If I connect the hapax directly to the device the PC's get through just fine, but as soon as I drop the MRCC in the chain, nothing. It really feels like a filtering issue, but I have no filters set, and I am using the factory settings.

Any pointers?

What ports are you using for the MRCC connections?  USB or DIN?
I had a weird situation where I thought Program Change messages weren't getting through but I never took the time to pin down exactly what combination was causing it.
It could also have been something else causing what i was seeing, so I haven't reported it yet.

Both are DIN (DIN 1 input -> DIN 1 output). I haven't had much luck with my USB adventures with the MRCC. Ill grab video of it today as its super easy to see what is going on.

Any pointers?

I'm having what looks like the same issue.

Loading the factory preset, port 1 to 1, sending commands with sendmidi.  Shows up on Activity, nothing showing up on the midi monitor, nothing coming in from the out port.  PC shows up on the routing page.

It seems like it's being filtered somewhere.
This may be a bug. The MRCC System menu page 1 has a tabstop for MRCC Control channel. I had Steve set this to no channel and port by default, but I think it may actually be blocking PC messages on Port 1 in on all channels for some reason, until you specify a Port and Channel there. It is likely that the PC messages are being received by the MRCC and it is trying to load presets based on the incoming messages, but since those slots are empty it ignores the messages.

To test this theory please try to set the menu setting to something like Port 6 in channel 16 and see if the PC messages will get through after that. Please let me know how it goes.
Jesse
I just tried using The NDLR MIDI Controller function (MIDI OUT B) to MRCC MIDI in 1, Korg Volca FM on MRCC MIDI OUT 1 (channel 3). Configured the NDLR controller for Motif 1 to CC48 to change the Volca FM patch, and CC40 to change octave. Works as expected.
(03-17-2022, 06:21 PM)kathysrazor Wrote: [ -> ]

Any pointers?

I'm having what looks like the same issue.

Loading the factory preset, port 1 to 1, sending commands with sendmidi.  Shows up on Activity, nothing showing up on the midi monitor, nothing coming in from the out port.  PC shows up on the routing page.

It seems like it's being filtered somewhere.
Can you say more about how you are sending from Sendmidi to MRCC port 1? Do you mean MRCC PC USB virtual input port 1, or from some other device to MRCC MIDI IN 1 (DIN)? I just want to make sure we're replicating the issue as closely as possible.
In my case, I'm sending a bank change and then a program change and then sending a sysex dump request.  One of those first two messages seems to be getting lost.  I haven't had time to sit down and set up a debugging session to look at the data flow.  Might have time this weekend.

If so, I'll post back here what I see.

EDIT - what I saw was that at some point in time, the MRCC set the Settings/MRCC MIDI Control/Port to port 5.  This is the port I was using for the transmitting device to send program changes.

What's weird is that I was sending them on channel 1 and the config still said channel 16, so even though the ports were the same, it still should have been passed through.

Note that it did change the MRCC preset to D8, so I had to recall U1, set the port to " - " and save that and now it seems to be OK.

So - I do think there's something slightly buggy about that area of the code.  You should ignore PC and other commands if the channels don't match and somehow the settings got updated without me ever selecting to change the incoming PC port of the MRCC.
Hello, 

I'm experiencing the same issue (running the most recent firmware) with PC getting filtered out. I spent about an hour fiddling around with my hardware, trying to figure out why I couldn't get program changes to communicate, when everything else was fine via midi.

It finally occurred to me that it might be the MRCC. 

I was fortunate enough to find this thread and change the MRCC midi control channel (as per Jesse's suggestion) from the default of port 1 to Port 6 channel 16, which immediately resolved the issue. 

Can anyone provide a clear explanation of what the MRCC midi control channel functions as? Is this the midi channel that the MRCC sends data (such as Arp) out from? I wasn't able to arrive at a concise understanding of its function, or why it would be blocking PC, from the manual.
(04-03-2022, 03:45 PM)silicon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, 

I'm experiencing the same issue (running the most recent firmware) with PC getting filtered out. I spent about an hour fiddling around with my hardware, trying to figure out why I couldn't get program changes to communicate, when everything else was fine via midi.

It finally occurred to me that it might be the MRCC. 

I was fortunate enough to find this thread and change the MRCC midi control channel (as per Jesse's suggestion) from the default of port 1 to Port 6 channel 16, which immediately resolved the issue. 

Can anyone provide a clear explanation of what the MRCC midi control channel functions as? Is this the midi channel that the MRCC sends data (such as Arp) out from? I wasn't able to arrive at a concise understanding of its function, or why it would be blocking PC, from the manual.
The MRCC uses that port and channel to receive program change to select an MRCC preset.
Pages: 1 2