Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Previously saved locations turning red.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have been saving my favourite templates in User 1-3 locations and numerous times now after the save operation the 'load' button greys out and the location lettering turns red indicating that it is empty despite me just having saved there and many times previous to that. Ì have started saving the same setup in all 3 locations now just in case and once it lost all 3 before I realised the significance of the red lettering. Fw 1.1.035

Any ideas what to do? Thanks.
Aw dang, that sucks. Can you tell me a bit about your saves? Are they complicated or simple? It might help if I could get my hands on a copy of your save data, are you able to remove the left side panel with a small hex wrench to remove the SD card? If you can do that then copy all the data on the card to a zip file and send it to me at support@conductivelabs.com. I can show it to steve and see what is going wrong.
2 or 3 sources going to 6 outputs with one or two modifiers and filters, nothing too serious at the moment. I can get the SD card out, do you want it as is, currently green, or do I wait until the red happens again then send?
If it's not too much trouble it would be good to have both I think. Maybe leave the hex screws finger tight so it's not as big of a production to take of again?
(12-16-2021, 02:48 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]If it's not too much trouble it would be good to have both I think. Maybe leave the hex screws finger tight so it's not as big of a production to take of again?

Ok, I'll do that, it might take a week or so. Another weird thing that seems to happen repeatedly is that I set CC Mod 1 to change all CC0 on channel 9 to CC32 on 9, I'll come back to it sometimes and the CC0 will now be CC1. Maybe keep that in mind while you are poking through the code.
Probably a separate issue, but good to know. There's not any chance you're sending PC messages to DIN port 1 is there? Just something that occurred to me, the MRCC control port is default Port 1 and PC messages will load presets when received on that port (maybe just channel 16 of that port, I forget right now). A while back Steve turned this off by default by making the channel undefined on the factory preset, but I think it still may respond anyway, as in I don't think his attempt to disable it by default worked as expected. It would be good to be able to rule that out
I talked to Darryl and he suggested that it might be a bad SD card or potentially a the card is seated poorly in the slot, do you have a spare lying around that you could put in to test with? anything over about 512mb should work, I think the ones in there now are around 1gb.
(12-19-2021, 11:21 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]Probably a separate issue, but good to know. There's not any chance you're sending PC messages to DIN port 1 is there? Just something that occurred to me, the MRCC control port is default Port 1 and PC messages will load presets when received on that port (maybe just channel 16 of that port, I forget right now). A while back Steve turned this off by default by making the channel undefined on the factory preset, but I think it still may respond anyway, as in I don't think his attempt to disable it by default worked as expected. It would be good to be able to rule that out

I'm aware of the program change facility and I have set it to an input and channel that is not in use since I don't need that feature at the moment.

(12-19-2021, 09:45 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]I talked to Darryl and he suggested that it might be a bad SD card or potentially a the card is seated poorly in the slot, do you have a spare lying around that you could put in to test with? anything over about 512mb should work, I think the ones in there now are around 1gb.

I am just about to mail you the 2 zip files, I'll try a different card and do lots of saving in the next few days so maybe hold off examining my files until I have done that.

I happened to have a spare card here and copied the files from the old card over to it, user 2 was green so I tried to save it on user 1, it said user 1 was saved at the bottom of the screen but the lettering remained red and the load button was still greyed out.
I would suggest seeing if you can start fresh by deleting the files on the new card and then make a little test setup and save it to a few spots and see if the issue persists. It's possible that if the card you copied from had bad data on it then copying it to the new card would undermine the experiment.
I see the files arrived in the support inbox and I'll try and get Steve to take a look at them as soon as he's available.
Just done it on a new card and made fresh saves and user 1 remained stubbornly red for a few saves then went green. I'll keep on it for a few days.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5