Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Sustain pedal to send midi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, would it be possible to connect a sustain pedal in one of the 1/8 jack and configure this input to have the pedal send a midi message (specifically send Rec command to the Octatrack)?
What a great idea! I have three expression pedals and I was wondering how I could use it in my setup. This could be brilliant!!
No unfortunately these jacks are only for MIDI data. That would be pretty sweet though. Nothing to stop you from using the pedal with a MIDI controller and sending that CC date to the target of your choice through the MRCC, however.
(12-15-2021, 04:16 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]No unfortunately these jacks are only for MIDI data. That would be pretty sweet though. Nothing to stop you from using the pedal with a MIDI controller and sending that CC date to the target of your choice through the MRCC, however.

You mean like pluging the sustain pedal to a keystep pro for example and changing that cc message with the MRCC to achieve something else (like triggering Rec on Octatrack)?
(12-15-2021, 04:28 PM)Julien STG Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2021, 04:16 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]No unfortunately these jacks are only for MIDI data. That would be pretty sweet though. Nothing to stop you from using the pedal with a MIDI controller and sending that CC date to the target of your choice through the MRCC, however.

You mean like pluging the sustain pedal to a keystep pro for example and changing that cc message with the MRCC to achieve something else (like triggering Rec on Octatrack)?

There is no expression (0-127) pedal input in KSP - only sustain (0/1). Most of portable gears have no any input or sustain only. And only one...
Yep, I just tested a sustain pedal in KSP and it doesn't send anything out of the KSP.
(12-15-2021, 05:16 PM)Julien STG Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, I just tested a sustain pedal in KSP and it doesn't send anything out of the KSP.

I should have been more clear. I meant that some MIDI keyboards have a Sustain pedal input that you could plug in the pedal to. It would say sustain on the port.