Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Chord changes on the bar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks. I'm new to NDLR still finding my way around. The one thing I seem to be struggling to find an answer to or get right is timed chord changes. I have a simple 4/4 drum beat and want the chord changes to be quantised to the bar - similar to how a lot of transpose features work in sequencers. I see some basic quantisation settings for the pad in the settings menu but can't figure out how to get chord changes to be in sync with anything.

I found an old forum post about bar quantisation for pads that the devs said would be easy to implement but that was in 2018 and I don't see anything like that.

Thanks!

Also another issue I'm having is that the clock seems quite off. I'm using Ableton as the master via a Digitakt, the Digitakt sits at a rock solid 80bpm, sent to the NDLR via it's MIDI in. But the NDLR varies from anywhere between 81 - 85bpm - it's not even that close.

I've tried changing to receiving clock via USB so it gets it straight from Ableton but that only improves it slightly it still wants to be at around 83bpm. Same with receiving clock via the CLK IN via Pam

Everything sitting at a solid 80bpm but the NDLR is wavering between 80-85 - it's all over the place.

Is this a fault?

Another edit! The clock issue seems to have been resolved by turning the unit off and on again. Must have had an extra 5bpm stuck in the ether!
(08-18-2021, 12:42 AM)natehorn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks. I'm new to NDLR still finding my way around. The one thing I seem to be struggling to find an answer to or get right is timed chord changes. I have a simple 4/4 drum beat and want the chord changes to be quantised to the bar - similar to how a lot of transpose features work in sequencers. I see some basic quantisation settings for the pad in the settings menu but can't figure out how to get chord changes to be in sync with anything.

I found an old forum post about bar quantisation for pads that the devs said would be easy to implement but that was in 2018 and I don't see anything like that.

Thanks!

Also another issue I'm having is that the clock seems quite off. I'm using Ableton as the master via a Digitakt, the Digitakt sits at a rock solid 80bpm, sent to the NDLR via it's MIDI in. But the NDLR varies from anywhere between 81 - 85bpm - it's not even that close.

I've tried changing to receiving clock via USB so it gets it straight from Ableton but that only improves it slightly it still wants to be at around 83bpm. Same with receiving clock via the CLK IN via Pam

Everything sitting at a solid 80bpm but the NDLR is wavering between 80-85 - it's all over the place.

Is this a fault?

Another edit! The clock issue seems to have been resolved by turning the unit off and on again. Must have had an extra 5bpm stuck in the ether!
Oh Hallelujah! Glad that worked out!