Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: MIDI + SoftSynth(Ableton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am connecting NDLR to soft synths inside Ableton and a standalone synth. I can see NDLR recognized as a midi device but for some reason I cannot get audio from it. I have made a video of what I am seeing here, can someone help?

Thanks

Second video with NDLR settings

If your using the NDLR transport, then the DAW should be set as Clock slave
(04-02-2019, 08:34 PM)shrekage Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am connecting NDLR to soft synths inside Ableton and a standalone synth. I can see NDLR recognized as a midi device but for some reason I cannot get audio from it. I have made a video of what I am seeing here, can someone help?

Good idea posting a video.
All of your NDLR parts are set to MIDI A, you just need to set them to USB.
(04-03-2019, 12:46 AM)Darryl Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2019, 08:34 PM)shrekage Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am connecting NDLR to soft synths inside Ableton and a standalone synth. I can see NDLR recognized as a midi device but for some reason I cannot get audio from it. I have made a video of what I am seeing here, can someone help?

Thanks Darryl, i tried that I set it to ALL USB and ALL Ports. Still no luck

(04-03-2019, 12:16 AM)MKS30 Wrote: [ -> ]If your using the NDLR transport, then the DAW should be set as Clock slave

Thanks for the reply, where is the setting for that in Ableton or any independent synth. The PC recognized the 4 ports for NDLR but there is no other option for clock.
(04-03-2019, 09:22 AM)shrekage Wrote: [ -> ]

(04-03-2019, 12:16 AM)MKS30 Wrote: [ -> ]If your using the NDLR transport, then the DAW should be set as Clock slave

Thanks for the reply, where is the setting for that in Ableton or any independent synth. The PC recognized the 4 ports for NDLR but there is no other option for clock.
Clock shouldn't matter with the stand-alone synths. They should receive MIDI notes and play them regardless of clock.
What stand-alone synth are you using, and what MIDI port and channel is it set to receive on? Try setting it to OMNI on the first NDLR USB MIDI instance.
(04-03-2019, 11:20 AM)Darryl Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2019, 09:22 AM)shrekage Wrote: [ -> ]

Clock shouldn't matter with the stand-alone synths. They should receive MIDI notes and play them regardless of clock.
What stand-alone synth are you using, and what MIDI port and channel is it set to receive on? Try setting it to OMNI on the first NDLR USB MIDI instance.

I am using Helm for testing. It's in the video above, I tried with one channel and all channels. But no sound
https://tytel.org/helm/
If you are using a USB cable to connect to Ableton, then you need to assign USB to each part, like this for example:

Pad       ch4 USB4
Drone   ch 3 USB3
Motif1   ch 1 USB1
Motif2   ch 2 USB2

Abelton can see the ports, but you have not assigned them to parts inside NDLR

Dont know about Ableton, but all DAW's have the ability to be Master or Slave for their transport
I installed Helm, set all four The NDLR MIDI parts to USB1 (channels 4, 3, 1 and 2) and it worked. I didn't change anything on Helm, it automatically selects all MIDI inputs and listens to all channels.

[attachment=46]

Technically, in Helm you only need to select NDLR for input when The NDLR parts are set to USB1.

Anyone have any bright ideas? NDLR is set to internal clock, so that's good. 
Do you have any MIDI tools installed, like Bomes MIDI Translator, MIDI Loopback, MIDI Yoke or the like? Something that could be grabbing the MIDI data?
Do you have USB MIDI interface with 5 pin connector to try 5 Pin Din on The NDLR?
(04-03-2019, 02:53 PM)Darryl Wrote: [ -> ]I installed Helm, set all four The NDLR MIDI parts to USB1 (channels 4, 3, 1 and 2) and it worked. I didn't change anything on Helm, it automatically selects all MIDI inputs and listens to all channels.

Technically, in Helm you only need to select NDLR for input when The NDLR parts are set to USB1.

Anyone have any bright ideas? NDLR is set to internal clock, so that's good. 
Do you have any MIDI tools installed, like Bomes MIDI Translator, MIDI Loopback, MIDI Yoke or the like? Something that could be grabbing the MIDI data?
Do you have USB MIDI interface with 5 pin connector to try 5 Pin Din on The NDLR?

Thanks for checking I figured it out. The Midi channels on NDLR should be set to USB ALL, the default was MIDIA hence there was no midi signal going into ableton. Thanks everyone!!

(04-03-2019, 02:05 PM)MKS30 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using a USB cable to connect to Ableton, then you need to assign USB to each part, like this for example:

Pad       ch4 USB4
Drone   ch 3 USB3
Motif1   ch 1 USB1
Motif2   ch 2 USB2

Abelton can see the ports, but you have not assigned them to parts inside NDLR

Dont know about Ableton, but all DAW's have the ability to be Master or Slave for their transport

Yes, this is the solution. It worked. Thanks
Hi, this is my first post...  I've had my NDLR for around a week now and i'm also not able to get any sound when trying to control a soft synth (in this case it's one from Arturia's V Collection 7)...

I have the NDLR's USB ouput going to a USB hub which is then going to my Macbook Pro...  I also have a MIDI output on the NDLR going to a MIDI interface that has several hardware synths connected...  I can play the hardware stuff fine, but there's no sound from the soft synth...  I can see that the Ableton channel i have the synth on is receiving MID, so everything seems to be set to the right channels...  No sound though...

I have a Push 2 as well and i can even see the pads light up for the notes being played by the NDLR when i start the NDLR, but no sound...
Pages: 1 2