Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Ableton Connectivty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'll kick this off...

When I connect the host port to my Macbook I can't see anywhere in the Midi config of Ableton to select the MRCC as the "control surface" in order to route my midi messages from Ableton to the MRCC.

I can't find anything specific in the user manual, the device shows up in the Audio Midi Setup tool on my Mac, but not in Ableton for some reason.

Edit: Ok, now I go back to Ableton AFTER opening Audio Midi Setup -> Midi Studio view, Ableton shows all the ports available /shrug
(06-22-2021, 07:48 AM)stephencarr Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I'll kick this off...

When I connect the host port to my Macbook I can't see anywhere in the Midi config of Ableton to select the MRCC as the "control surface" in order to route my midi messages from Ableton to the MRCC.

I can't find anything specific in the user manual, the device shows up in the Audio Midi Setup tool on my Mac, but not in Ableton for some reason.

Edit: Ok, now I go back to Ableton AFTER opening Audio Midi Setup -> Midi Studio view, Ableton shows all the ports available /shrug

I've had similar weirdnesses on my Mac Mini with either the MIDI side or the audio side (some days the Mac sees all of the Weiss AFI-1 ports, some days audio just comes out the internal speaker - lol)

Once it saw the MRCC though, anything I pull up has all the MRCC ports available and stuff like MIDI Monitor or Sysex Librarian can use any/all w/o problems.  It's been stable though for a while now (145 or 147 on the MRCC, I forget, High Sierra on the Mac)
Glad it sorted itself out, if you had to write a note for this to put in the manual as a heads up to other users, how would you word it?
Jesse
(06-23-2021, 06:41 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]Glad it sorted itself out, if you had to write a note for this to put in the manual as a heads up to other users, how would you word it?
Jesse

I don't think it's something worthy of the manual since I am not sure if it's just a quirk of my particular mac. If more people have the same issue hopefully they will find this thread and we could then find a common problem with a common solution for the manual, or maybe it can be a firmware fix if it's some sort of implementation issue.
How solid is the clock sync with Ableton? Most people syncing external gear with Ableton end up buying an e-rm multi clock to ensure a solid sync. It uses an audio signal from ableon to achieve this.
Yeah, Ableton is pretty notorious for having pretty bad sync, but I've not really noticed many issues on my end. That may be because I use it less frequently in my setup though.
We run an ERM Multiclock, and run MIDI clock separately behind the scenes to the MRCC, 8PortSE, Midex8, Blokas MIDIHub and the Thru 8. We kinda have a crazy amount of MIDI gear hooked up though, and tight sync is critical. MIDI clock is not routed through Ableton. Just the sync track to the ERM.