Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: USB Host ports virtual In/out = 4/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Joris Röling

Hi,

I read in the preliminary (draft) manual that the 'virtual cables' on the USB Host ports are 4 inbound, and 1 outbound.

Why is this 'asymmetrical' setup? I have a device (class compliant) that has 4 virtual IN cables, and 4 virtual OUT cables, and I'd love to connect and use them all, on both the IN and the OUT side of things.

Hope you will support 4 IN and 4 OUT virtual cables somewhere in the future.

Best,
Joris
Can you tell me more about your device please?

Jesse

Joris Röling

(04-05-2021, 11:37 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me more about your device please?

Jesse

It's the Blokas Midihub...
This one: https://blokas.io/midihub/

Joris Röling

It's a small MIDI router, with the concept of 'Pipes' as processing chains.
It has 4 IN and 4 OUT over USB.
(04-09-2021, 12:47 AM)Joris Röling Wrote: [ -> ]It's a small MIDI router, with the concept of 'Pipes' as processing chains.
It has 4 IN and 4 OUT over USB.

That device looks great! Isn't duplicate with MRCC? Less inputs/outputs, need computer to configure, but smaller and cheaper.

Joris Röling

It's a great little device.
It's not (in my book) a duplicate of the MRCC, I consider the MRCC more as a 'router', and Midihub more a 'processor'.
I'd love it if they could work 'together', by having the USB Host ports of the MRCC allow for 4 IN and 4 OUT virtual cables.

Possible?

Joris Röling

Another device I'm eager to get my hands on, is the Electra One (https://electra.one)
This device has 2 IN and 2 OUT virtual cables over USB.
It would really help me if the MRCC would support something better than 1 OUT virtual cables over USB.
(04-10-2021, 04:03 AM)Joris Röling Wrote: [ -> ]Another device I'm eager to get my hands on, is the Electra One (https://electra.one)
This device has 2 IN and 2 OUT virtual cables over USB.
It would really help me if the MRCC would support something better than 1 OUT virtual cables over USB.

I just received an Electra One.  In addition to the USB of course, it has 2 MIDI In and 2 IDI Out, so even if there's only 1 virtual cable supported, you still can talk to many many devices.  Plus you can have different controls sending to different MIDI channels, so an Electra One could address 16 x 3 = 48 devices at once withonly a single virtual cable over USB.

Joris Röling

Yes, I understand that a DIN MIDI port could 'solve' this for Electra One, but I need that port for my other gear, so I much prefer if USB Host ports on the MRCC would allow for more than 1 OUT virtual cable.

Still hope for this. Possible?
Cool device, I remember hearing about this a while back. Seems like it could be a lot of fun. I have logged a requests and will make some notes as to prospective use and we will see what Steve thinks about it. Thanks for bringing that thing to my attention again.
Jesse
Pages: 1 2