Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: NDLR clock - Logic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, 
hopefully someone can easily help me, I'm sure it's something simple but I'm having problem receiving clock from the NDLR, connected via USB with Logic Pro X on a Mac.
It works and I can write midi and pilot both VSTs and external midi hardware (a DIGITONE for example) BUT I can't sync it to the DAW.
I tried all USB ports but I'm sure I'm missing something stupid ?!!?
thanks !

Marco
(12-09-2020, 12:28 PM)marcoiozzi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys, 
hopefully someone can easily help me, I'm sure it's something simple but I'm having problem receiving clock from the NDLR, connected via USB with Logic Pro X on a Mac.
It works and I can write midi and pilot both VSTs and external midi hardware (a DIGITONE for example) BUT I can't sync it to the DAW.
I tried all USB ports but I'm sure I'm missing something stupid ?!!?
thanks !

Marco

Check in the Boot Menu and see if MIDI Clk is enabled.
Press and hold [Shift + Menu] while powering up and press the approrpiate play/pause button (I think it's one of the motifs) until it is enabled in green. then press the panic button to save and finish loading.
Let me know if that doesn't solve it and we can go from there.
Jesse
Hi Jesse, 
thanks for getting back to me, 
so no unfortunately I tried with no luck. As you suggested I logged in the boot menu, and tried both options of MOT-2 USBCLK
which are 1 or 1/4 . MOT-1, CLKOut, I kept it to OFF (as I think makes sense)
Under menu 3, as clock in I tried USB 1  or ClkIn CV but it does not to seem to make a difference.
Every time I set a new value I closed and re opened Logic to be sure the NDLR was seen with most recent setting (probably useless?!?)
thanks man I appreciate your help

Marco
(12-15-2020, 02:32 PM)marcoiozzi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jesse, 
thanks for getting back to me, 
so no unfortunately I tried with no luck. As you suggested I logged in the boot menu, and tried both options of MOT-2 USBCLK
which are 1 or 1/4 . MOT-1, CLKOut, I kept it to OFF (as I think makes sense)
Under menu 3, as clock in I tried USB 1  or ClkIn CV but it does not to seem to make a difference.
Every time I set a new value I closed and re opened Logic to be sure the NDLR was seen with most recent setting (probably useless?!?)
thanks man I appreciate your help

Marco

Hi Marco,
the one you want to change is the CLKOut which you want set to ON, since that is the setting that enables the MIDI clock to be transmitted along with the rest of the MIDI data. Try turning that on and see if that fixes the issue. If not let me know and we can dig into more details about your setup.
Jesse
Hey Jesse,
so no luck yet. Here are my settings

- Clock In is set to USB 1, inside menu 3
- in the Boot menu, CLKOut is set to ON and USBClk to 1 (I also tried with 1/4) but no difference.

As you mention MIDI being transmitted, keep in mind I would like LOGIC internal clock to drive the NDLR one so they can be in sync.
thanks man !

m
(12-17-2020, 02:18 PM)marcoiozzi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jesse,
so no luck yet.  Here are my settings

- Clock In is set to USB 1, inside menu 3
- in the Boot menu, CLKOut is set to ON and USBClk to 1 (I also tried with 1/4) but no difference.

As you mention MIDI being transmitted, keep in mind I would like LOGIC internal clock to drive the NDLR one so they can be in sync.
thanks man !

m

I'm not completely up to speed on MIDI on Mac, but in Logic, you should be able to enable a MIDI device PORT to interact with the NDLR, have we checked that that is USB 1 yet? It needs to be if not. If so, we need to make sure Logic is set up to send MIDI clock. You'll need to look that up in the user manual if you don't already know how to access that option. 
Jesse
Hi Jesse,
I'll look into this but last night I was thinking about a shortcut to try, so
I connected the NDRL via Midi to the DIGITONE which correctly reads clock from Logic. This way the NDLR, set it to receive clock via Midi, behaves as expected!
Thanks a lot for your time, as usual

Marco