Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Aligning/syncing parts, sequencer, modulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have a hard time aligning the 4 parts, the pattern/rhythm modulation I dial in, and the chord sequencer.

What's your approach to line up these elements to get predictable results?

As an example: I created 3 custom Rhythms and 3 custom Patterns. Length is done by steps. I dial in a modulation to go from one to the other, and I have 40s, 48 beats, 8 beats, random etc available in the mod matrix. In the sequencer, I can dial in number of 1/4 notes plus number of iterations of A/B/C. With all these elements combined, the end result is not predictable.

In this example, I would like to cycle through my 3 custom patterns, so one after the other is playing, but for this to follow the chord sequencer somewhat. In the chord seq, I might have a length of 16 notes, then 8 notes, then 16 notes again. It seems I would have to pre-calculate this on paper, but I'm looking for a more automated way. Here, if my first pattern is 16 steps the first chord might line up, but at the second chord, the chords and patterns fall out of sync. Same with rhythms - I'd like to somehow plan for a specific rhythm to start at a specific chord change.

Is there a way to dial in a mod source that goes by 1/4 steps? So that I can predict - at that exact point in time when my chords change from I to V, Motif 1 will switch from Pattern 21 to 22?

I understand the NDLR is an arp more than a sequencer. I just wish I could know/plan in advance the specific points in time when a number of elements come together.

Thanks!
At this point there really isn't a reliable way to sync all those elements. I see where it would be beneficial and I hope we can address it at some point, but the next few months are going to be tied up with the MRCC launch. In the mean time I would consider the following: any of the modulations that use a number of seconds as a measure sync arbitrarily. I would stick to modulation in bars if you want things to line up. I forget if those reset with a play message when stopped or not. I think it goes like this if you press play from stopped they start from 0, but pausing a part doesn't reset them unless you stop all. I could be wrong but I think that is the current behavior.
If I have time I'll try to figure out a way to test this and report back.
Jesse