Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Pad Qnt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellow NDLR‘s

I have a question regarding the Pad Qnt setting on Settings 3/3 Screen.
Would you consider to enable more than 1/4 and 1/8 qunatization?
I would like to have also 1/2 and 1/1 for my use-cases.

Is that possible?

Would be great.
You all stay safe and secure. Have good times!
Kind regards.
(11-28-2020, 07:10 AM)MrBlaschke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi fellow NDLR‘s

I have a question regarding the Pad Qnt setting on Settings 3/3 Screen.
Would you consider to enable more than 1/4 and 1/8 qunatization?
I would like to have also 1/2 and 1/1 for my use-cases.

Is that possible?

Would be great.
You all stay safe and secure. Have good times!
Kind regards.

At this point it seems unlikely that such a change would be possible, because the memory (used for save slots among other things), is effectively out of space, every new option requires at least 8 bits, (1 bit times 8 save slots) and in this case the additional options would require 2 bits times 8 (one bit for 1/2 and 1 for 1/1). This means that the things we may be able to edit are things that fall into two catagories: changes to the global behavior of the NDLR, and things that can be options in the boot menu and not elsewhere. 
I will add the request to our feature request log though and it's possible we may think of a way to do it, but I do know that the schedule is pretty full with MRCC firmware until after February. 
Best,
Jesse
Ok. Thanks for the info, Jesse.
I‘ll see if i can overcome this with some kind of external clock modifier then...at least as a workaround somehow.
No dealbreaker - awesome device, still going strong Wink
I suppose I'm asking for something similar in that still want to see the ability to have everything (pad, drone, et al) changing on a bar boundary. When I showed the NDLR to my musical partner it was the first thing he asked about, so you (and I!) are not alone in wanting this!
Well, glad that it is not something my quirky head made up and other seem to long for this too @The Elf Smile

Sadly we can not „force“ this, but that is ok. We live in a world of „workarounds“.
I'll put my request in for this too. Really I'd like all parts to quantize on bar boundaries.
Same here