Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Pad range recommended setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I chained 4 synths with the "Pad Chain" feature, and I put the sum of their voices for Pad Range - 19. While the pad is playing, I see that number of notes changes without user input, it went to 20, 24, 29. Is this the expected behavior, or am I using this wrong? I also set up a Mod 2 BiPol with target Pad Position.
(11-07-2020, 11:56 AM)190531085100 Wrote: [ -> ]I chained 4 synths with the "Pad Chain" feature, and I put the sum of their voices for Pad Range - 19. While the pad is playing, I see that number of notes changes without user input, it went to 20, 24, 29. Is this the expected behavior, or am I using this wrong? I also set up a Mod 2 BiPol with target Pad Position.

Hi Numbers,
I don't think I understand what you mean by "put the sum of their voices". The pad range dictates the number of notes played, are you saying you set the range to 19? As far as that number changing, I believe it should only change if it is modulated. As I'm thinking about it though if you used a bipolar mod source to modulate the position, as the position moves towards the limits (top or bottom values) I'm not sure what happens to the number of notes played, like if range was set to 10 and you modulate position so that it is at the lowest value, does that put the center of the range at the low point, leaving 5 notes playing or do all ten play still and it stops when the lowest note gets to the end? I'll have to mess with this and let you know what I find out.

Jesse
I meant to say, if I have 2 synths chained who are each 4 voice polyphonic, would I set Range to 8?
Ah, I see. Yes that is the way I would go about it as well. I did a little testing yesterday and by moving the position to one of it's extremes does impact the number of voices, but I wasn't able to get it to change more than 1, (so if we have a range of 8 then going to either end of the position results in a temporary range of 7 notes.) I can't think how else that number could change without the modulation matrix being the source of the change. I would start by double checking that this isn't accidentally being targeted somewhere in the Mod Matrix. Other than than I don't know what else would cause that besides user input. A real head scratcher.
Jesse
Thanks, I will do that.