Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Brand new NDLR won't turn on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok hopefully I'm just being a total idiot here, but I just got a brand new NDLR from Perfect Circuit.  I plug it into a powered-USB source and nothing happens.  I've tried other USB sources and different cables, and nada.  

When I press a button on the NDLR I see a little orange light flashing under the 'II' button, but that's it.

Am I just being a moron?  Or did I buy a lemon?  Please say I'm just a moron, lol.   Huh

Thanks!
(09-19-2020, 01:56 PM)Electro Something Wrote: [ -> ]Ok hopefully I'm just being a total idiot here, but I just got a brand new NDLR from Perfect Circuit.  I plug it into a powered-USB source and nothing happens.  I've tried other USB sources and different cables, and nada.  

When I press a button on the NDLR I see a little orange light flashing under the 'II' button, but that's it.

Am I just being a moron?  Or did I buy a lemon?  Please say I'm just a moron, lol.   Huh

Thanks!
Hi Electro, I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Totally frustrating. Will you please send me an email at support@conductivelabs.com and I'll help troubleshoot this with you, if it's a bad unit we'll definitely get you taken care of. In the mean time please check that the little button inset between the MIDI din ports isn't stuck in the pressed position (it's supposed to be set back from the panel a little bit, but should still be press-able), as that could cause this type of situation. If you are able to press it (with a toothpick or whatever) and here and feel it click, then this is not the issue, but if it doesn't click and is already "pressed" it would be going into firmware update mode immediately every time it powers up. Report your results in the Email and I'll help you get to the bottom of it.
Thanks
Jesse
(09-19-2020, 08:42 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2020, 01:56 PM)Electro Something Wrote: [ -> ]Ok hopefully I'm just being a total idiot here, but I just got a brand new NDLR from Perfect Circuit.  I plug it into a powered-USB source and nothing happens.  I've tried other USB sources and different cables, and nada.  

Thanks!
Hi Electro, I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Totally frustrating. Will you please send me an email at support@conductivelabs.com and I'll help troubleshoot this with you, if it's a bad unit we'll definitely get you taken care of. In the mean time please check that the little button inset between the MIDI din ports isn't stuck in the pressed position (it's supposed to be set back from the panel a little bit, but should still be press-able), as that could cause this type of situation. If you are able to press it (with a toothpick or whatever) and here and feel it click, then this is not the issue, but if it doesn't click and is already "pressed" it would be going into firmware update mode immediately every time it powers up. Report your results in the Email and I'll help you get to the bottom of it.
Thanks
Jesse

Thanks, just sent you an email.

I was able to push the small button next to the MIDI ports just fine.  It worked as normal.
Hey guys, I haven't heard from you. Should I just go ahead and return it?
(09-21-2020, 09:55 PM)Electro Something Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I haven't heard from you. Should I just go ahead and return it?
Pm'ing you now. I think my emails are getting caught by your spam filter.
Jesse
(09-22-2020, 03:33 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2020, 09:55 PM)Electro Something Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I haven't heard from you. Should I just go ahead and return it?
Pm'ing you now. I think my emails are getting caught by your spam filter.
Jesse

I am having the exact same issue.  The exact same scenario.
Just wanted to put a cap on this thread - Thanks for reaching out so quickly and sorry your mail got stuck in my spam folder. I just went ahead and ordered a new one from Perfect Circuit and returned the other with no probs at all.

I’ve had my NDLR for weeks and just loving it. The funnest piece of gear I’ve ever owned!
(11-11-2020, 12:40 AM)Electro Something Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to put a cap on this thread - Thanks for reaching out so quickly and sorry your mail got stuck in my spam folder.  I just went ahead and ordered a new one from Perfect Circuit and returned the other with no probs at all.

I’ve had my NDLR for weeks and just loving it.  The funnest piece of gear I’ve ever owned!

Thanks for pointing that out regarding the spam filter, I'm really glad you're getting on so well with the NDLR! If anyone else experiences an issue like this, please feel free to send me an email at support@conductivelabs.com and I can walk you through the replacement process. 
Jesse