Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Paint Design Wearing Off!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There.

First post here, so I would like to say ''Thank you'' to Conductive Labs for creating an excellent and unique device.

I have had my NDLR for about a month and unfortunately the silver/grey design around the Play/Pause buttons has began to wear off. I would not say that I am particularly heavy handed or even that, that area gets touched the most and also it is not wearing in any other area of the panel. It is only cosmetic but it looks unsightly.

Does anyone have an idea how I could prevent this from getting worse... obviously besides touching it any more?

Which sort of reminds me of that old joke -

Patient goes to the Doctor and says ''Doctor, it hurts when I touch there!'' (touches knee.)
Doctor says ''Well, don't touch it there then!''

All jokes aside any ideas would be appreciated. I suppose I could find something to coat it with or try to match the colour and attempt to re-stencil that area back in.

Thank you.
(08-19-2020, 03:23 AM)Thee Wrote: [ -> ]Hi There.

First post here, so I would like to say ''Thank you'' to Conductive Labs for creating an excellent and unique device.

I have had my NDLR for about a month and unfortunately the silver/grey design around the Play/Pause buttons has began to wear off. I would not say that I am particularly heavy handed or even that, that area gets touched the most and also it is not wearing in any other area of the panel. It is only cosmetic but it looks unsightly.

Does anyone have an idea how I could prevent this from getting worse... obviously besides touching it any more?

Which sort of reminds me of that old joke -

Patient goes to the Doctor and says ''Doctor, it hurts when I touch there!'' (touches knee.)
Doctor says ''Well, don't touch it there then!''

All jokes aside any ideas would be appreciated. I suppose I could find something to coat it with or try to match the colour and attempt to re-stencil that area back in.

Thank you.

Hi Thee,
We've seen this a couple of times before, Email me and we can discuss the best solution for this.
Email:
support@conductivelabs.com

Thanks,
Jesse
I thought it fair to follow up my post above to let other members know of the positive contact that I have had with Jesse/ Conductive Labs. I write this with no prompt from them.

After emailing support, I received a very courteous explanation for the reason for my issue, a sincere apology and also detailed instruction on how I could replace the new panel which CL offered to send, completely free of any charge, to me here in the UK.

Jesse also offered for them to replace the panel if I did not feel capable of undertaking it myself... but, with the distances involved and the ease of the replacement, I opted to do it myself.

To replace was very straightforward with the minimum of standard tools and I had it done in less than twelve minutes!

I want to thank Jesse and Conductive Labs for being both considerate and professional in this matter and also wish them all success for their future.