Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Delayed drone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NDLR arrived last week and I've been having a ball with it, well worth the wait, and exploring it like no tomorrow. Running mainly into VSTs through MainStage3 although some old gear is being brought back into service (after fitting/soldering new batteries!). About to explore control messages ...

Help! The pad is running on the downbeat as expected, motifs too, but the drone is delayed by a beat or so. Expecting it to also trigger on the downbeat. I don't think it started like this so is going to be down to my travels around the device whist exploring what it can do.

Any clues where to look? Factory reset could be an option (how?)
Maybe it helps if you just submit a screenshot of your Drone-Screen-NDLR-Display.
I just had a quick look at it and am not able to offset the drone other than using the Drone/Trigger settings - which work as expected for me.
(07-12-2020, 11:51 PM)ndlr-0261 Wrote: [ -> ]NDLR arrived last week and I've been having a ball with it, well worth the wait, and exploring it like no tomorrow. Running mainly into VSTs through MainStage3 although some old gear is being brought back into service (after fitting/soldering new batteries!). About to explore control messages ...

Help! The pad is running on the downbeat as expected, motifs too, but the drone is delayed by a beat or so. Expecting it to also trigger on the downbeat. I don't think it started like this so is going to be down to my travels around the device whist exploring what it can do.

Any clues where to look? Factory reset could be an option (how?)
Hi 0261, I'm glad to hear you're having fun with the NDLR, but sorry to hear of this Drone issue. It's possible that a Drone part Trigger setting could be causing it to play on the up-beat. Some of the drone settings do play on up-beats, but none play exclusively on up-beats, so that may not be the problem.

Page 38 of the manual has the info on how the Trigger settings works, and it can be downloaded here:
Manual

Another troubleshooting step I recommend is to slow the tempo down significantly and watch the beat indicator to ensure that it's for sure playing off beat. The circle to the left of the BPM indicator indicates the 1 beat by flashing blue, and 2,3,and 4 as red. It's actually much more common to accidentally get the motifs to play off beat so this step may be worth a look.

You may also try loading a saved state, even if you haven't saved any I believe they do have data present, and that could undo whatever made the drone wonky.

If none of that solves the issue and you do want to factory reset it, you can do so by pressing and holding [SHIFT+MENU] while powering the device and pressing the PAD play/pause button, then pressing the panic button to exit the boot menu and finish loading. It is worth noting that doing so erases any user saves in the process.  If the problem persists, let me know.

Best,
Jesse Johannesen
Hi Jesse, no worries I'm having a great time with my NDLR, albeit as a n00b currently but coming up to speed fast. The issue was cadence on the chord based drone setting and is now fully resolved. I've played with the cadence settings and have a reasonably clear view of how it is working and how to drive it.

Thanks for coming back to me (MrBlaschke too)