Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Motif 1 Velocity Set to Zero on Midi Stop Command - See Short Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello team... this is issue is long standing and appears in all the firmware iterations that I have tested including 1.1.066.   In short... NDLR received a Midi Stop command and the Motif Velocity is set to Zero ... Motif 2 Velocity remains as previously set.   This means that you can't hear Motif 1 unless you increase the velocity.. Motif 2 works as expected.   Please see the short clip below. 

- Scott Harris

https://youtu.be/LoHcpJKYI2w
Hi again,
Unfortunately I have also been unable to reproduce this error. I tested it at the same time as the clock divider problem, so my setup consisted of the following:
* Ableton Live as master clock out to NDLR USB 1
* Also tried Clocked internally
* NDLR clock out disabled
* Play, Pause, and Stop messages sent to NDLR
* Plugged in MAudio Axiom 49 keyboard via Din A
* Sent Play, and Stop messages to NDLR
* Tried adjusting the Mot 1 Vel setting to be lower than 128 and repeating test
None of these actions caused the Mot 1 Velocity to drop to zero.
Maybe we can have you try to send these messages from MIDIox and see if the problem persists? at least that way we can actually see the messages its receiving and confirm it is the Midi Stop that is the culprit. If you don't have MIDIox installed it's a free software and is pretty handy for monitoring midi channel data, but also has a utility for sending midi data as well. Let me know if you need help with setting up that test.

Link: http://www.midiox.com/

Best regards,
Jesse
(07-07-2020, 06:51 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,
Unfortunately I have also been unable to reproduce this error. I tested it at the same time as the clock divider problem, so my setup consisted of the following:
* Ableton Live as master clock out to NDLR USB 1
* Also tried Clocked internally
* NDLR clock out disabled
* Play, Pause, and Stop messages sent to NDLR
* Plugged in MAudio Axiom 49 keyboard via Din A
* Sent Play, and Stop messages to NDLR
* Tried adjusting the Mot 1 Vel setting to be lower than 128 and repeating test
None of these actions caused the Mot 1 Velocity to drop to zero.
Maybe we can have you try to send these messages from MIDIox and see if the problem persists? at least that way we can actually see the messages its receiving and confirm it is the Midi Stop that is the culprit. If you don't have MIDIox installed it's a free software and is pretty handy for monitoring midi channel data, but also has a utility for sending midi data as well.  Let me know if you need help with setting up that test.

Link: http://www.midiox.com/

Best regards,
Jesse

Interesting... The NDLR is getting external clock through MIDI port B in my setup. Clock is generated by Cubase. I will try to isolate the midi command with MIDIOX or other monitoring software and test with another DAW.   I might have a setting enabled somewhere in Cubase that is generating a spurious CC value.  I'll get back to you. 
Hi there.

I finally got my NDLR a few days ago and am in the process of learning. It is such fun...More than i expected it to be.
That aside i can confirm this problem - which gets annoying by the time as i have to think about raising the „Mot 1 Vel“ from 0 to my desired value each time i stop the transport.

I feed the clock from my iPad to the NDLR. The overall performance is nearly flawless. Just some speed sines in the range of around +/-1 in time discrepancies. But every time i hit the stop transport in my „DAW“ (which is AUM on iOS) the Velocity gets back to „0“. (Mot 1 Vel on Setttings screen 2, right side, 2nd from top, Knob 6).
If it is of interest, Clock is fed on USB1 - which is supported regarding the manual)

I also notice that this value is flickering in the display (like some kind of slow refresh rate) during playback. So something seems to be fishy on „Mot 1 Vel“ and i would appreciate any way of fixing this.

Kind regards.
(07-12-2020, 01:17 PM)MrBlaschke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.

I finally got my NDLR a few days ago and am in the process of learning. It is such fun...More than i expected it to be.
That aside i can confirm this problem - which gets annoying by the time as i have to think about raising the „Mot 1 Vel“ from 0 to my desired value each time i stop the transport.

I feed the clock from my iPad to the NDLR. The overall performance is nearly flawless. Just some speed sines in the range of around +/-1 in time discrepancies. But every time i hit the stop transport in my „DAW“ (which is AUM on iOS) the Velocity gets back to „0“. (Mot 1 Vel on Setttings screen 2, right side, 2nd from top, Knob 6).
If it is of interest, Clock is fed on USB1 - which is supported regarding the manual)

I also notice that this value is flickering in the display (like some kind of slow refresh rate) during playback. So something seems to be fishy on „Mot 1 Vel“ and i would appreciate any way of fixing this.

Kind regards.
Hi Blashke, This problem has been elusive on my end and up til now as I didn't have the right setup to test the issue using cubase. I will take a look at this tonight and try to get it to do the same on my unit. I have an I pad and AUM, so I can test this out precisely. You mentioned usb midi, are you using the camera adaptor? 
Jesse
Hi Jesse.

Thanks for coming back!
As this annoyed me big time (yesterday evening) i did some more research...
It is a (i would NOT say „faulty“) plugin i use to route/mirror on/between different MIDI lanes/ports - well, at least in my case.
And thinking about it makes some kind of sense...
To answer your question, Jesse: Yes, original Apple CCK from iPad (12.9“ Pro, 2nd Gen) -> USB Hub -> several Hardwares...

When i use this plugin and stop a running transport this plugin sends these signals to all ports:
2 | Time: 0 | Cable #0 | 0xB0 0x40 0x0 | Control Change (#1) | Damper Pedal | Value: 0
1 | Time: 0 | Cable #0 | 0xB0 0x7B 0x0 | Control Change (#1) | All Notes Off | Value: 0

So it „releases“ the sustain pedal on CC64 - which is the same CC as the „Mot 1 Vel“.
When i disable this plugin (or use a script i wrote myself) the „Mot 1 Vel“ change does not occur.

Maybe it is something like that on your end too, @Scotty_123 ?
(07-12-2020, 09:23 PM)MrBlaschke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jesse.

Thanks for coming back!
It is a (i would NOT say „faulty“) plugin i use to route/mirror on/between different MIDI lanes/ports - well, at least in my case.
To answer your question, Jesse: Yes, original Apple CCK from iPad (12.9“ Pro, 2nd Gen) -> USB Hub -> several Hardwares...

When i use this plugin and stop a running transport this plugin sends these signals to all ports:
2      | Time: 0    | Cable #0 | 0xB0 0x40 0x0  | Control Change (#1)      | Damper Pedal            | Value: 0       
1      | Time: 0    | Cable #0 | 0xB0 0x7B 0x0  | Control Change (#1)      | All Notes Off            | Value: 0

So it „releases“ the sustain pedal on CC64 - which is the same CC as the „Mot 1 Vel“.
When i disable this plugin (or use a script i wrote myself) the „Mot 1 Vel“ change does not occur.

Frank, oh my god, thank you for digging in deep. This just saved me so much time! It sounds like we should probably just change that CC to another one as that seems like the easiest solution by far. I'll let Steve know.
Scotty is going to be stoked!
Jesse
(07-13-2020, 09:54 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2020, 09:23 PM)MrBlaschke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jesse.

Thanks for coming back!

2      | Time: 0    | Cable #0 | 0xB0 0x40 0x0  | Control Change (#1)      | Damper Pedal            | Value: 0       
1      | Time: 0    | Cable #0 | 0xB0 0x7B 0x0  | Control Change (#1)      | All Notes Off            | Value: 0

Frank, oh my god, thank you for digging in deep. This just saved me so much time! It sounds like we should probably just change that CC to another one as that seems like the easiest solution by far. I'll let Steve know.
Scotty is going to be stoked!
Jesse

Yes indeed I am. I don't think I would have been able to find that needle in that specific haystack. Nice sleuthing. 
OK we just released a new firmware that changes the MIDI CC for Motif 1 Velocity to CC80, that should solve this issue!
Available here:
https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=10

Thanks for the help tracking that down.
Jesse
Yes that fixed it. Well done. 

I the CCs fo loading the chord track are not working 100%.  The documenation indicates that you can select value 1 to 5 but acutally Value 0 is possible from the knobs on the box.  If you attempt to load Values 5,4,3,2, they all work.. if you try to load Value 1 and Value 0 they are not working. Otherwise I don't see any other CC issues now.
Pages: 1 2